Sunday, November 1, 2009

November Is Here!

Once again, this week proved to be a hectic one. It seems as though when I want to have a productive week, other things come up. My week was, however, punctuated with fun things like coffee with friends, and the ever delightful "girl days" with my best best. In preparation for Halloween, my nephew and I made these delicious chocolate cupcakes. They are filled with green tinted tapioca pudding. We topped them with orange flavored frosting that was the color of mercury and bedazzled with Halloween jimmies. The tapioca pudding has a fun texture for creepy cupcakes. All of the parts of the treat- cupcake, pudding, and frosting were made from scratch!

Halloween day was a mess! I had so much to do. I had to sew my costume, which took way longer than I wanted, and I had to make Halloween chili in the slow cooker. I also had to carve a pumpkin and make toasted pumpkin seeds. I toasted mine for about twenty minutes and then coated them with a spicy/sugary, butter mixture and toasted them for about another twenty minutes. They were so yummy, and I had a hard time not eating them.


We went trick-or-treating on all of the streets nearby and we came home to Halloween chili. It was a perfect October evening to end October for the year. The night air was warm, with a gentle, yet gusty wind blowing. The moon was big and bright hiding behind dark clouds, and other parts of the neighborhood smelled like campfire, with people burning fires in their fire pits. It was a truly whimsical night. After we feasted on chili, we had cupcakes and gingerbread tea and watched "Nosferatu."
So, today was the annual Halloween aftermath- letdown. After any big holiday, I feel a little bummed. All the exciting celebrating and feasting builds up and then there's the holiday, then it's done so quickly. I eased my disappointment by clearing away all of the Halloween decorations outside and inside the house and I started decorating for Thanksgiving! Soon, I'll post all about that. You see, there is always something wonderful to look forward to! ~ Toodaloo

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful bunch of festive ideas to help celebrate! While it may seem to have come and gone too soon, you're right, there is always something new to look forward to! I think your family felt that the occasion was well marked with pleasant memories. These are traditions that get lost in many modern American families. Great work, they'll always remember it!

    ReplyDelete

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...