Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday Is Here!

Friday is here, and at last, I may relax. The other day, I was going to post, but my camera batteries ran out of energy. So, the problem has been solved and I can now post. I made this wreath, the other day, out of a grapevine ring, a fall leaf garland, fake flowers, pine cones and fake fruit. I really like it on the front door, it feels so welcoming. I even made some apple crisp that day too.


In my free time this week, I've been making decorations and putting them on display as I go. It makes the house feel so cozy, especially when I am melting the "Be Thankful" tart in my tart warmer- Wow, does that smell awesome! I made a new discovery this past week- I bought the movie Persuasion on DVD. If you are a fan of Jane Austen books and/or a fan of the movies based on her books, this is a find! It has all of the classic elements of Austen stories and it just makes you feel happy and so girly!

I went to the thrift store this week and I bought a fun vase that looks similar to a cookie jar my mom has. It is very retro looking, it looks like it was made in the 1970's.

I also got these Pilgrim figurines.

I'll show more of my decorating projects in my next blog. I have designated Saturday as "craft day" for myself and my nephew. I have no idea what we'll make, but it should be interesting.

It snowed all day and through the night yesterday. I was surprised when I glanced out the window this morning and saw that it actually accumulated enough to blanket the ground! Walking to school today, the tree branches were dusted with snow cover and it was very pretty to see. That is one of the perks to walking; the beauty of the neighborhood, that would otherwise be missed by riding to school. The streets were slick though, there was a lot of ice on the pavement.

At recess, the kids were making snowmen, the first of the season, and they were rolling the body segments onto the cedar chips that are spread over the ground. These giant snowballs, with cedar chips coating them, reminded me of cheese balls coated in almond slivers. By tomorrow, the snow should be mostly melted away. However, there is plenty of time left before Thanksgiving to have more snow. Until next time~ Toodaloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...