Monday, November 23, 2009

So's Your Face!

"So's Your Face" that is my comeback for anything these days. It's right up there with "That's what she said...." I say it not out of anger or malice; rather, I say it to amuse myself. Generally, when life gets busy, I have to humor myself. Otherwise, I become disgruntled and I take out my frustrations in things that aren't really there. I think that the people around me feel that I am upset with then, but I'm not at all. I'm just frustrated with nothing in particular. More so, I'm high strung because I'm one of those "Type A's" who set ridiculously high standards and work for myself. When tasks aren't completed, I take it out on myself. So, saying "So's your face" is a means of letting off steam in small increments, thus preventing a blow up.

Thanksgiving will be here soon and I have been busy trying to get ready. The next few days will be busy ones, but that is all part of the tradition. I will be baking pies, and breads, making chocolate truffles and cranberry sauce and cleaning like a Roomba. However, I'll ease the work with a marathon of House playing on the kitchen DVD player, and that will keep me in high spirits. Also, at some point I will give myself a manicure.

Last week, my best best and I had a badly needed girl day. We ate food, had girl talk and dyed some hair. She was moving into her new home this weekend and will be hosting a big family Thanksgiving dinner in her new home. So, we both needed to have a break and recoup before this week. This allows us to become clear headed and really appreciate our bounty of blessings.

I was reading the history of the first Thanksgiving and the relationships between the pilgrims (separatist's) and the Wampanoag people. It is really interesting and humbling to learn what those people experienced and what they had to endure on new land. It also says a lot about generosity and good will toward man. It is such an interesting subject to study.

Well, I hope to be making pilgrim hats today for my nephews and a table cloth for the "kiddie table." Today, I'll also watch The Wizard of Oz. Tomorrow, we'll watch Return to Oz and then Wednesday, we're watching Tinman- it's sort of a new Thanksgiving week tradition.
I am looking forward to see my sisters and their families on Thursday, as well as the tradition of watching the parade on tv. I think my favorite part is seeing The Rockettes dance. What is your favorite parade participant? What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition? Well, I'll post again after things are less busy. Laundry beckons, until then~ Toodaloo!



1 comment:

  1. I would love to see you clean like a Roomba. That would be interesting. Can I put in "So's your butt!" for your consideration? I know that would make ME laugh. I'll keep that in the back of my head next time someone at work pisses me off.

    ReplyDelete

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...