Monday, June 16, 2014

The Most Important Meal Of The Day

I can tell the sort of day I am going to have, based on the breakfast that I eat that day. The breakfast featured above is poached eggs on top of avocado on whole wheat English muffins. I've seen this breakfast idea on Pinterest countless times. I love poached eggs, so I thought I'd give it a try. It was delicious! However, there is one thing that people never warn you about. Poached eggs layered on top of avocado are very slippery- good luck keeping that together. Not to mention that fact that poached eggs are messy. Once you bite into the yoke, that's it, prepare yourself for a messy breakfast. One of my poached eggs slipped off of the plate and onto the floor, making a delicious treat for Fred to enjoy. Although the breakfast is fast and easy to make, it is tricky to eat. When I made this, my heart was in the right place. I wanted to do something good for myself, but eating it was a comic performance.

This plate of cottage cheese pancakes topped with bananas and syrup, shows that I still took the time to make myself something filling, slightly healthy and tasty. It also says that I don't care about my desire to avoid sugar, that morning. I might have been eating my emotions.

This smoothie that I made, this morning, says "Hey, you're too tired to function. Make yourself a high protein banana smoothie and keep things low maintenance." So, I did, it was for the best. Not every day can be absolutely perfect. Some days are hectic, others are low key. Some days, I wake up and I remember all of the things that I need to accomplish by the end of the day. Which is why some days I eat hazelnut spread stuffed crepes and other days I eek by with black coffee and toaster pastry. Really it's all okay, I'm thankful to have options and the materials on hand from which to choose. Summer will be here soon and I can't wait to just enjoy it. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...