Sunday, June 1, 2014

Super Easy Peanut Butter Cheesy Marbled Brownies!

The other day, I was craving brownies; specifically, marble brownies. I decided the only way to get over those cravings, was to make some marble brownies. They are very easy to make. Here are some basic instructions for you, in case you find yourself craving these yourself!

Ingredients:
1 box of brownie mix for a 9 x 13 in. pan
Any ingredients listed in the back of the brownie mix box
1 tsp. instant coffee granules
2 tbsp. cocoa powder

4 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 c. peanut butter
2 tbsp. confectioners sugar
2 tbsp. milk
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract

So, I began with the brownie batter. I placed the mix into a bowl and I added the cocoa powder and coffee granules and mixed them together. Then, I added the ingredients that are listed on the back of the box and I set the bowl aside. This is when I preheated the oven and prepared the baking pan with butter spray.


I had the cream cheese in a separate bowl, where I kept it at room temperature before I added the peanut butter.

Using a hand mixer, I blended the cream cheese and peanut butter until it was mostly blended. 
At a certain point, the mixture does get a bit stiff, this is when I add the powdered sugar, alternating with the milk and vanilla. Be careful to mix at the lowest speed so that the sugar doesn't fly out of the bowl. Otherwise, if you start at a high speed, even a moderately high speed, a huge mess will happen and you'll be wearing your mixture.

Once the sugar was blended into the mix, I added the egg and blended that in. Then, I spread the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan. I took large blobs of the peanut butter/ cream cheese mixture and placed them, at random points, on top of the brownie batter.

   
Using a rubber spatula, I gently spread the cream cheese/ peanut butter mixture on top of the brownie batter. It was a lot like frosting a cake. I just made certain that the mixture was spread on evenly.    


Finally, I ran a knife through the brownie batter and the cheese mixture. I did that in a swirling motion, being careful not to stir or mix the two together, but to feather them together. This made the marbling. Then, I baked the brownies according to the instructions on the back of the brownie mix box. After I allowed for a bit of cooling time, I enjoyed some very delicious brownies! I know it wasn't 100% from scratch, but I wasn't in the mood to make the entire treat. I really don't think that I had the patience for that. Plus, I really wanted those brownies and I didn't want to waste any time. It was that kind of day. If you decide to make these, I hope they work out for you! Until next time~ Toodahloo!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...