Sunday, January 5, 2014

It's Sunday and It's Finally Warm(ish)!

So, some of you may have heard, but for those who haven't, it's been a very frigid week in New England. Most days, I woke to temperatures of -10 to -20 F. The rest of the days didn't seem to get much above 5 degrees F. Taking my dog outside was a task that even he found to be painfully difficult. Although he did wear his jacket any time he was out doors, his legs and feet quickly felt the chill and he needed to be rescued. Mind you, I watched him from the window at all times, and the short time that he was out felt a lot longer...poor pooch.
Also, this week we experienced a massive snow storm, which reached blizzard conditions. The local schools were cancelled and all I wanted to do was stay inside, with blankets piled on top of me, while I sat and watched old episodes of "Manor House."
"Manor House" was a perfect choice for the week, since "Downton Abbey: Season 4" will be premiering on PBS this evening, and I can hardly wait. The ending to the Christmas special left me speechless, briefly, then a series of unpleasant words oozed out of my mouth. However, I had an odd feeling that something terrible would happen in the end, as things were just too lovely to remain and there was still 20 minutes left to the show. So, tonight will be a delight.
If you haven't watched "Manor House," it can be found online for streaming. It was on tv over a decade ago; PBS aired it, but I missed out when it was on then. I remember watching "The Victorian House" and I found the experiment to be very interesting. "The Manor House" is delightful, showing what life would have been like for those working downstairs for those who lived upstairs. The show is set during the time period of the first season of "Downton Abbey" and it also shows what life was like for the aristocracy. However, this series is far less romantic than DA, but as a reality series it's refreshing.
Finally, it reached 20 degrees F today; it felt so warm! Next week, Fred and I will return to home and we'll begin a new year of crafting, baking and crazies. If you get to watch DA, do enjoy yourself! Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...