Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hot, Yucky, Hot!

I don't have a photo, because I am too hot to take one and too hot to load one on. However, I thought that I should post something since it has been a long time from my last posting.
it is hot in New England! I don't mind the heat, but the humidity is nasty! It's thighs sticking to vinyl hot and I'm not liking it! Also, there seems to be some sort of pervy conspiracy against women in the summer. Meaning, we're hard pressed to find moderately priced- weather appropriate clothing that doesn't scream "Hey, film Me on the beach at Spring Break for Girls With Low Self- Esteem!" ( I love the show Arrested Developement)

I mean really, yes I am hot (temperature wise), but that doesn't mean I want people to think that I am HOT or that I am trying to look so. Sometimes, the world makes me feel like some ditz popping up in the corn field, telling a corny joke a la Hee- Haw. When really, I just want to be comfortable. Instead, I have to exchange physical comfort for emotional discomfort. As a result, I stay home on those days; on hot days when I need to go somewhere, I wear skirts.

Unfortunately, since the weather has been so sweltering, I haven't done laundry. Now, I don't have weather appropriate skirts clean. So, I'm wearing shorts so short I could be in a 1970's Nair ad and I actually need to venture out today. I think that most people will understand the appropriateness of my garm, and not pay too much attention. Mostly, people have their own lives to worry about and since I am, otherwise, dressed conservatively, they won't notice me at all. I'll just blend in with all the other gals who were forced into the same predicament. I think that our culture should create a fair balance and force men to dress like Carrot Top; then I wouldn't be so annoyed. When the thermometer reads 72 degrees F. in the day time, I'll post again. Until then~ Toodaloo!

1 comment:

  1. Well about halfway through your post I decided that I was going to tell you to stop bragging about how hot you are but then I read your disclaimer(about being temperature-hot). It's days like those that I look forward to going to work in the a/c!

    ReplyDelete

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...