Monday, February 26, 2018

What Is Happening in February



This month has been a grab bag of emotions. I am very certain that I am just done with winter. I really enjoy February, because it is a birthday month, we have Valentine's Day, and the month is rather short. When we start off the month with the tradition of waking a sluggish rodent to predict our future, we're setting ourselves up for disappointment. Winter will always last as long as it is scheduled and we would be fooling ourselves if we thought that we could cheat our way out of it. At least we have bits of things to look forward to, such as vacation and holidays. I made a tiara cake for Valentine's Day. I used a Devil's Food cake mix, then I made a chocolate ganache, I added almond extract to Cool Whip to spread on top of the ganache layer and I finished the layers with a berry topping. The cake was sublime. I still have the tiara cake pan that my mother purchased in the mid-1980s. I think it was a Dunkin Hines kit and it had always been a favorite. When I unearthed the pan from a pile of random objects in my parent's attic, I snatched the pan to take to my home. This cake is delightful.


I had watched numerous Dollar Tree Haul videos on Youtube (a guilty pleasure of mine) that showed a variety of adorable Valentine decorations. By the time I finally got around to shopping at the store, most of the Valentine decor had been picked through. I was able to find some cute glittery hearts that I hung from my kitchen cupboards. The bubblegum pink glitter makes me smile. I had a girl day with my bestie and another day out with my husband, both times I managed to gather some St. Patricks Day and some Easter decor. I am hoping to get some more of both, but I wanted to get what I could from St. Patricks while it was available and the things that I spotted for Easter I grabbed before they were gone. I am hoping to gather some more supplies tomorrow, that way I can work on some crafts this week.

The beginning stage of decorating my planner.


This is the finished look for my March spread.

My bestie and I had a fabulous girls day out the day after Valentine's Day. I was able to take advantage of the post-holiday clearance. I found a lot of adorable washi tape from the Target Dollar spot that was half price, so I was able to purchase several rolls for only $3.00! I do love a good clearance sale.

I made a quick sketch to plan out where to place my flowers, herbs, and strawberries.
Now that February is winding down, I've been planning a few projects for the month of March. I am focusing my energy on redecorating the inside of my house so that I am all set for Spring cleaning. Once Spring rolls in I will be doing a lot of work outside. There is plenty of yard work to be down, a few fixes to the outside of the house and a garden to start working on. I began my seed purchases the other day. My husband and I work on the vegetable garden together, but the flower garden is my thing. There's a lot that I want to do with my wildflowers this year. Last year was our first Spring and Summer in our home, so we were just establishing our gardens. Now that I am more settled in, there is so much that I want to do. I got a really good start last year, so I hope to achieve even more this year. I think that it will be a lot of fun and it will be nice to be outside and be productive. This next month might be bit busy and I am so excited about that! Hopefully, I will be able to share my various projects as they are completed. I will keep you updated. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...