Wednesday, October 25, 2017

We Got A New Kitten and Other Distractions


I have been sick lately and had little energy to sit down and write. Most of the time I am feeling pretty exhausted. It all began a few weeks ago when I thought that I was getting hit with allergies but instead was a nasty cold. Once the cold finally subsided, I was still feeling gross and it turned out to be Fall allergies. I have had Fall allergies since I was a teenager and they always prove to be far worse than Spring allergies. The thing is, I love to be outside, especially in the Fall, also the kids have soccer. I don't make it to every home game, however, I also have nephews who play soccer and I like to go to their games too. This proved to be the biggest problem for me. So, back when I still had a cold, I toughed it out, took some DayQuil and went to my nephew's soccer match. Then, I went to my sister's house for dinner after the game and I didn't get home until after 9 pm. the combination of being out in the cold, out to allergen air, being out late and running around doing too much all made me very sick. Then, I finally got over the cold and WHAM, I was hit with allergies. Over the weekend, I went to another nephew's soccer match with my husband. It was a great day for soccer, nice and warm. The next day, I went to a parcel of land that my Dad owns, with my Dad, to pick apples. Problem is, his apple trees are on a hill, in a meadow. That was very silly of me. Between the soccer match the day before and the apple picking I felt awful. I already had a stuffy headache while apple picking from the exposure during the previous days game, after that I was down for the count. I was having dinner with my parents and was going to watch the premiere of The Walking Dead, but my head felt so stuffed up and after taking an allergy pill, I could barely stay awake. So, I went home, ut on some comfy pajamas, cuddled with my new kitten in bed and watched Masterpiece on PBS. 

 
So, about that kitten.......


My husband wanted to get another cat so that Murr could have a companion. We have one large dog and one small dog, both are great pals. The dogs get along swimmingly with  Murr. Where the dogs are, Murr is too. When it;s time for bed, they all race up the stairs together. The thing is, Murr likes to play, he is only 1 1/2 years old. The dogs, like to play with each other, but they are older dogs and like to relax. Also, they are far too big to lay with the cat. So, I agreed to get another cat, under the condition that it be an all black cat. I have always preferred black cats and I haven't had an all black cat since the passing of Merlin. A couple of months ago a woman he knew posted on Facebook that her cat had kittens and they would be available for new homes when they were ten weeks old. Two of the cats available were all black. My husband asked me if I would be interested, and I gave him a "soft yes." I had forgotten all about it, until a couple of weeks ago e=when he reminded me that the kittens would soon be ready. So, last Saturday morning, we drove to the woman;s home where the kittens were and were handed this little ball of love. I told my husband that a black cat needed to be named after a wizard or a witch, that is is my tradition. He went along with it, he was just happy to get a kitten. I named her "Mildred Hubble" after a character from my favorite childhood movie. It is also a new show available on Netflix and there was another tv version that was made in the 1990s. We call her "Millie" for short. I only call her by her full name when she is naughty.
As I write this, she is sleeping on my lap, only ten minutes earlier, she was climbing all over me and being a bit of a terror. She loves to cuddle and purrs a lot. She isn't a fan of the dogs, yet, and she is very playful with Murr. Murr, is very pleased with his new companion, he finds her to be a very adept pupil. ALready, he is a bit protective of her. So, even though it took some convincing, I am happy to have this darling black kitten, Just in time for Halloween.
It is a very stormy day. The winds are blowing and rain is pouring down hard. This is the perfect weather for hot cocoa, a movie, and cuddles. So, after I complete some more writing, while Mildred naps, I think I will watch The Worst Witch (the 1980s movie version with Fairuza Balk). I will be posting some of the crafts that I had been working on before I got sick. So, be on the lookout for those throughout the rest of the week. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...