Tuesday, March 15, 2016

My Love For Inexpensive Make-up Palettes



A few years ago, I found myself at a crossword in life. Everything was thrown into the air, like a handful of leaves, and it took a while for everything to settle. During this awkward time, I was staying with my sisters and each day I spent the majority of the day pursuing jobs. It was a never-ending search and with each rejection, I felt that much worse about myself. One day, I decided to give myself a break and spent the day sipping coffee and doing research. I happened to be looking up makeup tutorials for Edie Sedgewick and that was how I discovered the makeup artists/sisters/YouTubers known as "Pixiwoo" (AKA Sam and Nic Chapman). After watching one tutorial after another, I felt a lot better and I got out of my funk. Years later, I'm still a devoted viewer and I've even discovered a few other artists along the way.
My hobby renewed my interest in makeup and the makeup artists and beauty bloggers introduce(d) me to many delightful products. Lately, I've acquired (through Christmas and birthday gifts) several inexpensive eyeshadow palettes. The one above is the Coastal Scents Revealed 2 palette, purchased (with a birthday gift card) from Amazon.com (not a sponsor). The palette costs 15 dollars and some change. It's super pink, shiny, and lovely and I feel like a glamour girl whenever I use it!



This palette is the elf (Eyes Lips & Face) Prism Eye Palette in Naked. I was given this as part of a Christmas gift from my sister. It costs $10.00, but you can usually find good promotions on the elf website. It can also be found at various drugstores, where you can also take advantage of sales. I like this, because all of the shadows are super shiny; but still look natural and you can achieve many gorgeous looks with little effort.


This is a random eyeshadow palette that I found on amazon.com (not a sponsor or an affiliate). It's from a brand called "Anself" and I paid 2 dollars and change for it, plus shipping. It did come from China, but the product is surprisingly good! It's my new favorite. 

So, the point of all of this is that even though I want to feel like a million bucks I don't have anything close to that. I watch these beauty tutorials, where the makeup artists have oodles and oodles of expensive makeup because many of them are also professional makeup artists and the makeup is their medium, the brushes are their tools. It's their passion, it's their work, it's how they feed and clothe their children. So, it makes sense to have all of that makeup. I, however, am just a simple woman who likes to play with makeup. I don't need to have super expensive makeup, as long as I have something that I enjoy using, that also makes me feel good. None of these eyeshadow palettes is pricey, but they are easy to use, easy to find and I can use them to recreate some looks that I see in tutorials. 

So, if you ever feel like you can't be like them, you now know that you can at least pretend, or fudge it a little. The drugstore and the big box stores are full of fantastic makeup that has really improved in quality over the last couple of years. If you can't find it, you can always look online. There are SO many great products out there, you just need to do your homework and find what works for you. 

In other news, I've been baking like a maniac, lately, you might have noticed on my other social media outlets. More on that another day! I hope that my little inexpensive palette showcase was helpful. Until Next~ Toodahloo!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...