Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Finally Feeling Better


The weather is back to clear, sunny skies. If you look out the window, you can actually convince yourself that it's Spring, already. Then, you step outdoors and you're welcomed with the harsh reality that winter is still, very much, in full swing. Last week, I really wanted to post, but it was one of those weeks. I was really looking forward to Thursday, because I had a girl day scheduled with my dear friend. We both look forward to those days and will often go for long stretches, in the school year, without one. When the day finally arrives it is long overdue, badly needed and at the end of the day we feel refreshed. So, Wednesday night there was a dark cloud, the car got a booboo. This was rather stressful, but the Mister hatched a plan; we found a temporary solution and got through it. However, when Thursday morning arrived, I'd barely slept a wink. I spent my girl day consuming more than my regular dose of coffee. All the while, worrying about the car, and the Mister, and the car. I had a fantastic day with my friend and she was even able to make me laugh and my mind was away from worries, if only temporarily.
When I got back home that afternoon, I prepared coffee, got supper started and resolved myself to not let it get me down. We borrowed my parents car so that we could go grocery shopping and then I was a bit less stressed. Sadly, when Friday morning came, I was exhausted. It isn't unusual for me to get tired after a girl day. I tend to push myself more than I should on those days, but I get so excited, I can't help myself. Having slept rather poorly Wednesday night, I was that much more exhausted.


On Saturday morning, as tired as I was, I decided to perk myself up with chocolate chip/ peanut butter pancakes. They were light, fluffy and very tasty- exactly what I needed. It seemed as though I'd never catch up on my sleep. Yesterday, I finally relaxed and after making certain that all my work was done, curled up for a nap. Today, I am back on track and I no longer feel like I'm dragging my heels. I am currently curled up on my love seat with one dog at my side, while another dog is dreaming away in the recliner, five feet away. I'm watching Agatha Christie on Hulu.com and I am fighting a nap. I shouldn't, but I want to get some writing done before I crash. I'm still recovering from last week, but I'm feeling tremendously better.


These little hiccups in life are hardly problems. Rather, they are mere inconveniences, but sometimes those inconveniences lead to other inconveniences and it develops into a very ugly snowball. Fortunately, we are surrounded by good friends and family -that makes all the difference.

One thing that I'm really looking forward to is my garden. I found that the Dollar Tree was selling seed packets 4/$1.00. I snagged several vegetable packets while they still had them, some things sell out quickly there. I think I'll get more at a later time, as long as they're available. Just having seeds is exciting enough for now, It won't be long before we're starting our seedlings! The month is nearly done and it seems like it went by quickly. One more week until March; I hope that Spring does come early, I can't wait for flowers! Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...