Friday, February 12, 2016

A Snowy Week


This week has been filled with snow storms, and apparently there's more on the way! Last Thursday, I took a photo of the sun setting and you can see the yard had very little, to mostly no, snow cover.

 However, the next day, the snow began early in the morning. By noon time the roads were terrible and the kids were released early from school. The snowfall was great and the snow fluffy. It didn't take long for the yard to look like a winter wonderland. As soon as the snow came, it began to melt away again. Just when I was seeing more of the ground exposed, it snowed...again!


This isn't at all unusual for February. Ever since high school I can remember that the week before my birthday, it gets very warm and then, right before or even on my birthday, we get hit with a snowstorm.

It's very pretty, but it's also a mess. We were quite lucky with the snow and the cold this winter, as compared to last winter, which was horrid. I am not complaining too much; especially when Spring is a month away. We had it pretty good this year. We rarely dipped below freezing (this morning it was -6) and we didn't have too much snow to cause trouble. I really am looking forward to Spring, though. It will be fun to be outside, in the garden again.

Today, I am relaxing with the pooches and making chocolate truffles for a Valentine's treat. It might be terribly cold outside, but at least the sun is shining and I'm warm and snug inside. I know that another storm is coming next week, but that is just part of winter in New England. I will find a way to make it fun. I'll keep you posted...Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...