Monday, August 17, 2015

Time For A Big Girl Room....Doctor Who Style

On this extremely hot day, I have decided to cool down a bit and write a new blog post for you. The other day, I began a craft project which took an evening to do. It involved a bit of paint, sand paper, sheer frustration, friction and blisters...oh, my!


This wall clock has been at my house for a number of years. It has never left the original box in which it came. I will soon be decorating my room with a Doctor Who theme.Now, I'm not trying to say that I will have a massive TARDIS in my room, but I will have touches of Doctor Who inspired style throughout my room. I decided that this wall clock would be a nice place to start. So I grabbed some fine grit sandpaper and some acrylic craft paint in the color "English Navy" and I went to town.



I first sanded down the clock with fine grit sandpaper and removed as much glaze as I could. Then, I made a blue stain mixing 2 parts water to one part paint. At first, the stain wasn't sticking. So, I decided to sand even more with a grittier sandpaper and the stain still wouldn't take. After a lot of frustration, I decided to stop trying to stain the wood and to just paint the clock with the stain. This worked out, nicely.


Now I have a lovely TARDIS Blue wall clock that is ready for my room. As the decorating progresses I will share a bit more of the decor. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...