Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Fun New Sweater

When I purchased a bag of clothes from the local thrift store, nearly a month ago, I snagged a men's extra large sweater. I originally grabbed it to convert into a skirt. However, as time went on and my relationship with my sewing machine had been challenged, I scrapped the skirt idea. Instead, I decided to make a women's sweater out it. Here are the before and the after photos:



 
I achieved this by placing a shirt on mine on top of the sweater. With the sweater inside out, I lined the necklines of the shirt and sweater together. From there, I pinned the sweater all around the outline of the shirt. Using a zigzag stitch, I sewed the sweater to the perfect size and trimmed off the excess material.
For an added feminine touch, I ironed on heart shaped brown felt patches onto the elbows; making the perfect sweater. Now that the weather has turned colder, this will be great to wear tomorrow. The sweater is made of cotton, not wool, so it will be just right for this time of year. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...