Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's Sunny Outside!

So, I have not posted for a while. Everyday life and stuff has had me occupied. I've begun work on a quilt for my sister and I even managed to make a shoulder bag. I think that handbags are fun and cute, but they are not always practical. I saw my summer coming up before me and in it I saw myself running around to the park, the lake, the library, the store, etc. To be honest a handbag is something that once you take it with you, you're constantly aware of it, because you need to keep a strong hold of it.
So, I made a shoulder bag out of a few pairs of old corduruoy pants, an old shirt of my Dad's and a fabric package that some bed sheets came in. It is large, but not too large, it sturdy. With pockets, so everything is neatly organized. I have room to hold extras, like a book or a sandwich. Also, it has a front flap to cover everything up. Now, I have a bag that holds everything that I need and I feel secure with it. I know that it will stay on me. I won't need to constantly shift the strap/handle, and I'll never worry about forgetting it anywhere.
So, I am very happy with the endeavor. Soon, school will be coming to a close- so that is a time saver. For the most part though, I've been so busy that by the end of the day, I am whiped out! However, here's a delicious lemon tart....BBC America has been running old episodes of Doctor Who. So, my afternoons are very fun and relaxing. Also, the garden is starting to really grow and this year my peony has four flowers! Each year it gets bigger and produces more flowers. I can't wait for them to open, they'll be so pretty. When they do, I'll post some photos. Until next time! ~Toodaloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...