Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's Fathers Day!

I have not posted for a while, as life has been busy, dreadful, heartbreaking, and I've needed time to mend myself. I'll give more details and a proper post on certain subjects another time. Today, however, is all about Dad.
Yesterday was such a warm day here and I was rushing around getting things done, but still taking time to hang. I went with my Pappy to visit my grandparents; my Grampa cracks me up. I never leave his home without laughing. After the visit, I rushed home to clean the house before my sister arrived with her boys.
Then, I made a carrot cake, from a mix, to which I added freshly grated carrots and extra cinnamon. I used a store bought cream cheese frosting ( geesh, I should have added extra cream cheese to that). My Pappy loved the cake, and thought it was homemade- I fessed up though. We had a fun dinner with burgers, brats, and macaroni salad from a recipe that my Mom made when we were kids.
So, tonight, I'll make pizza from scratch and have a low key dinner.
Can I just say, I have really fantastic parents! My situation in life is very different from my peers, so the fact that I'm still at home makes perfect sense when the details are understood. I really do enjoy doing nice things for my parents on a regular basis so that they know how much I appreciate them. However, I do like to do more on holidays. It's nice when my siblings are able to be there too, it just makes it more special.
I've been extremely blessed when it comes to my friends and family. Not all of my friends have the same connection to their parents that I have with mine. My parents are funny, loving, forgiving, patient, and tremendously kind. They are both tremendously thoughtful too. Like I said, I'm blessed.
I like to think that because I have the parents that I have, I have the kind of friends that I have. The way that my parents raised me, made me to be the person who attracts the friendships that I've had for over a decade (or two). To have my friends and siblings is a huge blessing, but it's an even greater blessing to be a friend and a sibling. So, A Super Duper Fathers Day to You!
Until Next Time ~Toodaloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...