Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Name Is "Ladytoesocks" and I'm a "Doctor Who"-aholic.

It is true. I tried, in vain, to avoid this mess. During my high school and college years, I was a fan of Tom Baker's "Dr." One early morning while in college, dealing helplessly with insomnia, I turned on the tv and spotted Doctor Who again. Much to my dismay, it wasn't Mr. Baker as the Time Lord, but a different Dr. I had to look away and sigh.

The show went away for a while, and I moved on.. never forgetting the lovely show I so enjoyed Saturday's on PBS. Then, it came back, new, with better graphics and better special effects. I couldn't do it, I could not watch a Doctor clad in, what appeared to be, leather......I missed the scarf.

Then, about a month ago, I was once again dealing with the torment of insomnia. I turned on the tv and there he was...another version of the Dr. This time Catherine Tate was playing is Tardis side kick. So, I thought "what the heck, she makes me laugh". I watched, became a bit addicted, and then I found it on BBC America, once again on Saturday night. It was as though something fanastic from childhood was calling me back to a happy place- like the the sound of the ice cream truck in the summer.

David Tennant was the current Dr. and he is a fantastic actor. He breathed new life into the Dr. Even though he lacked the flashy scarf, he had a long coat. In fact he is quite the snappy dresser and has good hair. So, talent and a good fashion sense drew me in; not to mention great writing.
Well, the New Year weekend was filled with a Doctor Who marathon on BBC America. Showing the shows in which David Tennant played the tenacious Time Lord. He decided to leave the show while he was still loving playing the doctor. (I think he didn't want to get burnt out on the role, because he has been a fan for most of his life.) It was sad though. Just when I was finally able to love the Doctor again, he was reborn into a new Doctor.

So, today I am mourning the loss with house work. Filling the void with organizing cupboards and spot treating set in stains of imbedded modeling clay and maple syrup. I must say though, that after a two-day marathon, I'm a bit drained from all the excitement. My body feels like I spent the weekend sustaining myself on M&M's, Coca-Cola, and Disco. Yes, Doctor Who is a lot like a sugar rush.

I think these bones are trying to tell me to start moving around again. perhaps some cardio will seep it's way back into my morning routine. I'll see how that works out for me. I'll update when things develop. Until then~ Toodaloo!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate!Funny how the year end chaos always brings weird temporary distractions and time wasting stress busters.

    ReplyDelete

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...