Friday, January 15, 2016

Getting Back To Posting After Break


Winter is finally here and so is a new year!  During December of 2014, I posted every day leading up to Christmas. It was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. I really enjoyed the project, but then Christmas arrived, and it was the worst Christmas I'd ever had in my life. This sometimes happens, things don't always work out as planned. I had worked hard to make things cheerful and festive and was working really hard to enjoy myself. It wasn't like an I didn't get all the gifts on my list kind of let down, rather, I had a loss in the family on Christmas morning.
When it came to deciding how I wanted to approach the month of December on the blog for 2015, I decided to take things easy. I did a few craft projects and documented them, but I didn't go nuts this year. Instead, I just wanted to live in the moment and enjoy myself. I didn't want to have to photograph every moment, as if staged, and then sit down to write about it. I only wanted to enjoy the moments as they happened and not appreciate them through my camera screen. Have you ever gone to a concert and watched as a sea of audience members are watching the performance on their camera screen, because they're spending the majority of the concert filming with their phone? They're distracted and missing out on the show. I didn't want to experience December that way, So, I took a blogging break.

This Christmas was a very green Christmas. When I looked outside, the yard looked more like it did in late October than in December. It was very warm for that time of year, too. Not that I was complaining. The winter before had been very harsh, with multiple blizzards. A few days after Christmas, it snowed quite a bit. Then, last Sunday it was warm again and we got two inches of rain. All of the snow was washed away. I could see grass again and all the ice on the driveway was gone. As quickly as it went, the snow came back when we had another snow storm Tuesday. This weather is wacky, but it has me dreaming of gardening in the Spring. I am already thinking of what flowers I want to plant and was vegetables I want to grow. It won't belong before we will be starting our seedlings.
In my next post, I"ll share some of the Christmas crafts that I made during my blogging break. Then, we will resume a new year of fun. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...