Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Baked Goods


Last Friday, I had a craving for Hot Cross Buns. This is something that I, usually, only make once a year. I think I rarely make these, because it is such a long process and it requires more patience than I have. However, I had the craving, and so I made them.

A few days before that, I baked cookies. I had the house to myself and I was bored and decided the best way to spend my time was by baking. I played Take That in the background as I spent the afternoon baking chocolate - chocolate mint cookies.

I used a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, with a few additions.
 

To the dry ingredients, I added 3/4 cup of baking cocoa powder. This makes a very dark chocolate cookie base.















Then, I unwrapped a package of individually wrapped mint chocolate wafer candies and chopped those into chunks to use in place of chocolate chips. Although it was a tedious task, the end result was super yummy!








Now that the holidays have come and gone, I'm a bit tired of baking, so I think I'll take a break from that. I'm very excited to have my sewing machine fixed so that I may resume some sewing crafts. I have a tote bag project that I'm working on and when I finish that, I'll post about it. Also, the weather is warmer and even though we might get some snow tonight (sadly I'm not joking) I'll soon be cleaning up the yard and beginning my Spring time work on the herb garden. This week is a busy week, but I do hope to get some sort of project successfully completed.... that would be fabulous! Until then~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...