Friday, March 24, 2017

It's Nearly April and It's Snowing

I feel like hiding until the snow disappears, too!
The title of this post is, regrettably, not a metaphor. This spring time snow must be payback for having such a mild January. We were lucky to barely experience freezing temperatures in January. At the time, I thought it was great. However, usually St. Patrick's Day is my marker for finally being able to relax, to take a sigh of relief, knowing that the snow is melting and all is right with the world. I have been fooled, many times, in my lifetime, when it comes to spring. Spring time in Maine is never terribly predictable. Sometimes, we have an early thaw, but having late snow isn't at all unheard of. I do remember seeing snow covered tulips when I was a little girl. This too shall pass...

While I sit and wait for spring flowers, I can't help but lose myself in the splendour of Pinterest. An innocent search into purple perennials, turns into a full hour of flower pinning, soil and herb searches and plotting out the perfect summer garden. I already have my seeds and bulbs ready to go!
I'm also looking forward to tackling the garage. It hasn't been the same, since we moved into our new home. I still need to have my kitchen floor finished before I can move on to working on the dining room. Just when I think I'm close to having the floor put it, something happens to change the plans. I know that it will be done within the month, at least. In the meantime, I plan on doing some paint
touch-ups and some cleaning and organizing until then. Of course, I also have my list of craft projects that I wish to tackle. So, it is clear to me that I have plenty to keep me busy into the blooming season.

In other news, I got a new camera. So, the quality of my posts should see some improvement....I'm very excited. Finally, if you haven't noticed, I am slowly phasing out my original screen name. Originally, I presented myself as "Lady Toesocks." This was appropriate, because I had an extensive toe sock collection. However, I don't really wear toe socks anymore. Also, on my Facebook page, I began noticing some traffic from people who may have misunderstood exactly what kind of blog I write. So, I removed the images of my toe socks and I'm switching out the name. This is tricky to do all in one swoop, but will be permanent, soon. I figured the name "Caffeinated Housewife" was far more appropriate and it sums me up much better than my previous name. I hope you understand and I thank you for being so very patient. Hopefully, my next post will show you something crafty, but who knows what might inspire me between now and then? Until next time~ Toodahloo!

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm curious as to what kind of traffic you were getting with the old name! 😹

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm curious as to what kind of traffic you were getting with the old name! 😹

    ReplyDelete

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...